Bournemouth, England

DON'T USE DOTCOM CHROME - IT WILL COST YOU!

I urge you NOT to use dotcom chrome. I stupidly fell for their sales pitch - they are convincing and sound like very nice, professional people. I agreed to do it for 1 month and specifically stated that I did NOT want it to roll over to a second month without my express authorisation. When I was put through to their "Compliance Department", I stated the same.

Month 1 (September 2009) came and went. They did as the said they would - my website was on page 1 of Google. However, at the end of month 1, they did not provide me with the report showing results that they had promised. They also did not seek my approval to "roll over" to subsequent months.

In October, they took another amount out of my account, by the debit card provided by me. Then again in November and December. I queried it as I had not authorised it and my website had not been on page 1 of Google for any of that time. I insisted on voice recordings of the conversations I had had with them to be sent to me. I got a curt email back saying "You must have us confused with another company you have used"!!!!

I have now received a bank statement (March 2010) to show they have taken 2 further amounts from my card this month. And yes - you've guessed it - my website is not on page 1 of Google.

I have now instructed my bank to recover this sum, which they are dealing with. I urge you not to touch them at all - just hang up once they say who they are.

Had an Experience with Dot Com Chrome?

Comments

dot com chrome is a scam take it from a former employee needed the money desperatly so jumped into bed with the devil thankfully im away from them now but you want to see how staff are treated wages are late or wrong spoke to like dirt and allsorts of bull glad i walked away when i realised what they were doing

I wish I had read these before I got sriously ripped off by these people, and they are still taking money from my account. This has been going on for months and I have had not one single click!

Pretty much same story, except my 17 year old son is their victim.As his father I got involved and took a 20 minute phone call which boiled down to one thing: they won't acknowledge me in any dealings between them and my son.

So I got my son to appoint me as his representative. We haven't heard anything for a few weeks now. Credit card cancelled and all money, $1,040, refunded thanks to Westpac.

Waiting to hear from Adelaide debt collectors now.

They might do that to be bloody minded but it'll just be a waste of their time. They rely entirely on threats and bullying to retain their customer base. How smart is that? If you've cancelled, and I would suggest sending an email to their compliance department, that's all it takes.

Anything else is bluff and bluster on their part.

You can actually have fun with these silly people, like teasing an angry little brother.Not that any of us would stoop to that:-)

DOES ANY1 KNOW THERE ADDRESS ?? WE WILL SEE IF THEY TALK LIKE THEY DO ON THE PHONE TO MY FACE :(

I am sorry to hear that you have been subjected to the same kind of treatment as myself by those sharks. I have received an email stating that my account with them is in arrears! My bank is dealing with it on my behalf but if DotCom Chrome choose to sue, I have evidence that they have breached their contract anyway, so bring it on!

Don't let them bully you. Give notice in writing to terminate the contract. You will need to provide 30 days (I think) but then you can be free of them. Then just post your events on every review website you can find to stop others being caught, like we have.

Good luck!

Good luck!

My story reads almost identical to yours - has anything happened with you since? I just had an awful phone call from them threatening all sorts of things which has left me shakey but I held my own against them..